What are some recommended routine checks to be done while the M/E is standstill?
The following standard checks/inspections related to the M/E could be carried out at a convenient port or anchorage with the M/E standstill.
This recommendation does not include the inspections / overhaulings on M/E components, due to running hours.
- Exhaust gas boiler cleaning
- M/E air coolers chemical cleaning
- M/E scavenge space inspection, cleaning and unclogging of drain pipes
- M/E system oil filtration by Super Fine Filter (SFF) (MAN ES M/E ME engines)
-M/E HCU and HPS accumulators N2 pressure checking and refilling as necessary (MAN ES ME engines)
- M/E alpha lubricators’ accumulators N2 pressure checking and refilling as necessary (MAN ES MC engines)
- Backflushing of central coolers (depending on performance)
- Fresh water generator cleaning (depending on performance)