MAN ES M/E ELECTRONICALLY CONTROLLED (ME) ALARMS REFERENCE LIST (2017)

Useful!
MAN ES ALARMS REFERENCE (2017)_2059f9e5-5710-4cca-af36-8db4942c313b.cleaned (1).pdf (1.1 MB)

5 Likes

Dear All , good day ! Kindly advice information about determine process of operation HCU through SPAF file , which we can take from MOP . I looking info about value on axis of trends . Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks in advance . Brgds

Hello @Tigor, are you referring to the HCU events?

Dear Surcouf , yes it does… I understand that the scales on the graph are universal…Brgds

Dear @Tigor and @Surcouf_Renard
Good day.

Kindly note that the SPAF file contains the engine’s operating parameters and their limits.
It can’t be accessed from the end user as all MOPs are locked from the maker.
If for any reason the operator (vessel’s crew) is capable to access it, you shouldn’t alter or change anything as this will affect the proper operation of the engine.
If you are referring to the HCU,HPS events, then indeed they are a very good guide in order to troubleshoot any issues that may arise during the operation of the engine.
Every time that a critical alarm (which leads to a Slowdown or Shutdown) will be raised by the ECS, a new HCU or HPS event will be logged (the duration of the logging will be some milliseconds before and after the incident) automatically by the system, assisting the user to troubleshoot.
Even though there are some general rules to follow when evaluating events, unfortunately you cannot compare the events (automatically or manually logged) from different engines. You may only compare the events logged from the same engine.
In order to evaluate these events, the user should have deep understanding of the operation of this type of engines and keep a detailed history of HCU&HPS events of the individual engine.
A good start to get deeper in this matter will be to attend a course delivered from MAN ES PrimeServ Academy, where through the simulator, the instructor will create issues and log respective events.

3 Likes

Dear All , good day ! I think the response received from Dear Dim , with such a detailed description of the process of applying this information is clear to everyone, thank you Dear Dim for your response. As for the files themselves, namely in DAT format, which the operator can receive when working with the engine from the MOP panel and then using the LDEPlot software (Unfortunately, I didn’t have to get this information at the training center in Hamburg and learned how to use the application on my own) , already on a separate computer, evaluate the operating parameters and calculate the problem element, this is what we need to strive for. Many questions come from the ship’s crew, precisely on this topic - since everyone wants to independently understand the ongoing engine problem and, so to speak, not disturb the technical service in the office… but experience shows that this is not always the case - everything takes time. …I hope the participants in this chat can discuss these points. thanks in advance for your responses . Brgds

1 Like